Monday, September 17, 2007

Long live fishie


He's dead, I fished him out of the tank today when I got home. He lived a long life, blah, blah blah. There were times I wished him dead so I wouldn't have to take care for him. Some nights I would lay and stare at his glowing tank for hours, feeling consoled and soothed by his floating nonchalance. There were scares, I didn't really know how to care for him, I didn't know the details, his care giver gone and me with no clue. The internet was helpful. He was a killer, He would murder all the fish I put in to keep him company, except for one, I named him "Tail" because I assumed that was the reason Fishie didn't kill him, he thought Tail was just that, a piece of him. Tail stayed by Fishie while dying, only swimming around after I'd removed and flushed the dearly departed (I'm not insane).

1 comment:

Ian said...

I'm trying to figure out if "I'm not insane" refers to some unspoken alternative method of fish disposal, or if it's more of an Edgar-Allen-Poe-esque denial of a conclusion you expect people to make from the tenor of your post ... :-0